Thursday, July 10, 2014

Buddy workout

Yesterday's crossfit workout was a good one.  It was as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

In teams of 2:  1 person runs 400 meters while their partner does AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of:

10 SDHP (sumo-deadlift high pulls) (65 lbs)
10 Knees to Elbows
10 push press (65 lbs)

Then when your partner gets back from running, you take off.

I usually only got through 1 round of the 10-10-10 before Kim got back from her run.  65 lbs was a little heavier than I'm used to, but it was great because I felt like I really pushed myself. 

After the 20 minutes were up, we did a cash out, which is kind of like a final burn.  It was:

- 1 person does walking lunges with 45 lb. bar across the road and back to the driveway, while the other person does
- handstand pushups

We alternated doing this for 7 minutes. 


Overall, it was a great workout.  I felt the burn...especially in my bum during the cash out when we were doing the walking lunges.  We didn't really keep track of the rounds, although I think Kim and I each ran 5 times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment