Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Timp Hike

Hiking Timpanogos Mountain?  So awesome!  I love that mountain to pieces.  Mostly because it was the highlight of my summer when I was a teenager.  My family, along with my friends Allie and Christina, would hike it every summer.  Just last Friday, I hiked it through the night for the first time with the young women and young men of our ward for youth conference.  We had 8 youth, and 9 leaders come along.  Our bishop came, bishop Anderson, as well as one of his counselors, Randy Lloyd and his wife Gillian.  Also, Clint, Jessie and Jason Kimball, Bailey Christensen and Schuyler Judd.  It was a full moon kind of night, so the trail was actually pretty well lit up.  We still had our headlamps on, just in case.  Anyways, it's such a great hike.  7 miles up the mountain.  Usually in the past, it has taken us 7-8 hours roundtrip.  However, I think we set a record for how slowly a group can hike Timp when it took us 13 1/2 hours!!!!  We struggled to get 2 girls up the mountain, but in the end it was all worth it.  You can read more about the adventure on my other blog:  www.clintandsara.blogspot.com

Once, when we were nearing the lake, Clint and I were given the go-ahead to scout out ahead and see how much further.  Someone likened us to a pack of wild dogs that had been on a leash, and had been set free.  As soon as they said, "scout out ahead", we were off like a shot!  It was so freeing!  I felt like a gazelle bounding through the sagebrush, although not quite as agile.  Someday, I would like to see how fast I can go up and down the mountain...just for kicks.





 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment